21 September 2009

chilllll out

mmmm whatcha say,
mmmm that you only meant well?
well of course you did
mmmm whatcha say,
mmmm that it's all for the best?
of course it is


Despite the fact that I did not realize that this song was completely ripped off "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap (the worst part is I actually have the song, heh) and I could have sworn the vocalists were singing about lollipop men, I like this song.

What bores me is people who complain about music. I fall into this category at times, but I like to think that I will actually admit when I like a song, even if I probably shouldn't. This is one of them. Just because Jason Derulo primarily used Imogen Heap's lyrics to make himself an instant success doesn't make the song any less catchy. If Imogen is offended, let her fight her case. As for the rest of us, it's probably fair to say that there are much better things to do with our time than try to lower the song's iTunes rating and leave negative comments on every lyrics site imaginable.

In the end, I like to say that everyone who acts negatively towards mainstream music in general just wishes they could make music that was as appealing :). There's a reason why it's popular, and if I've learned to appreciate it after being totally anti-media for years and restricting myself to heavy metal and screamo, I think anyone else can, too.

2 comments: